Wednesday, December 12, 2012

B-Day Castle


So.... I'm not dead.  That's good, right?!?  Alot has happened since my last post almost a year ago, but I'll get to that later.  Recently I had the chance to make something for my Niece's B-day party.  I was told it was "Disney Princess" themed party and I could make something for the house.  

So I decided that she needed a walk through Castle entrance!  I measured out the walkway in the house and got the dimensions of the surrounding room so I could build around that.

I had low expectations since I have never done anything like this before. Irealized of the start that I needed to  approached it the only way I felt comfortable, by measuring it and building it in 3D and then printing that design out to use as a stencil/guide.  So knowing this i jumped right into maya and started to model and texture.

Model in Maya

Texture for printer.

I only had so many pieces of Foam core so I HAD to know If i would have enough to make the front and the back.  I ended up with plenty and with as few of seams as I could possibly do.

Cutting the foam core.  It took 13 Brand new double sided razor blades to cut this properly.


Base of spray painted pink, highlights and shadows with some latex pain.


Free handing the detials at 3 in the morning..... I learned not to expect straight lines when you're shivering.



End Product!




1 comment: